Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ready,Set, Go Day 1

I have been jogging for about a month and a half now, and have worked my way up to being able to jog for 20 minutes. (YAY)  As I was jogging, (very slowly, definitely not breaking any speed records) my calves and shins began to burn really bad.  WOW!  Now, I know I am not a lot of things, but the one thing I prided myself in was that I am tough.  I've given natural child birth for goodness sake!  If you hear my husband tell the story,  my pain tolerance is almost Legendary! However, about halfway through my run the burning pain became so intense that I could almost envision one of those plants from a horror movie, that wrap their vines around you, and  I could just see the vines cutting through my muscles!  At one point I contemplated sawing off my legs at the knees, and army crawling the rest of the way home!

Don't worry, I didn't do anything that drastic,  instead  I prayed and was able to somehow finish my twenty minute run.  I believe God is humbling me.  To go from a track "star" and not even really working at it, to a person who can not even get through a slow jog without a pleading prayer of  "please God, don't let me die, is embarrassing to say the least.

Sooo the reconciling of what once was and is now continues.......

No comments:

Post a Comment