Friday, October 14, 2011

I have arrived!!!!

We arrived at Steve's Uncle Mike's house Thursday night at 8pm.  It had been a crazy day on the road, and I was exhausted.  By time we ate and got the kids settled, it was after 1030pm before I went to bed.  I of course did not sleep well at all.  I never do when I am traveling, and honestly I hadn't slept well for the last week and a half.  We get up early, get ready, and head to pick up another life runner at the airport. After that we head to the EXPO to pick up our race packets.  We spent a couple hours at the expo, and then checked in to the hotel, and headed to the pre-race banquet location.  I had been in contact with my parents by phone all day.  My mom and dad were driving down for the race, and to help me with my kids while I am running my race. When they arrived, out jumped my older sister, who came along to surprise me.  It was really good to see her.  Ann is so good for me, when I am nervous or upset, she always makes me laugh.  I love to laugh, and my sense of humor has got me through many things in my life.  So when I take my self too seriously, Ann is the  one who always brings me back.  The banquet Friday night was wonderful.  Great food, and wonderful speakers.  I admittedly was distracted, due to the fact that my two year old was there, and very very busy.  As the banquet is winding down, and people are leaving, we head back to the hotel.  My mom had left a little early and got Sarah to bed, so that was nice.  I have to be honest...... I did not sleep well.  I was nervous, and quite honestly felt like I was in some sort of fog, like this wasn't really happening or something.  I went to bed, and tossed and turned all night long.........      

No comments:

Post a Comment