Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sarah has another allergic reaction to bug bite.

She woke up looking like this...
Thursday night Sarah had gotten a few more bug bites, she was only out for about 10 minutes and I had her doused with 25% deet bug spray. I noticed the bite on her cheek when she came in, and I knew her face would swell. Friday morning it was pretty puffy, but she could still see out of it, and it didn't look to bad. Friday after nap, her entire eye was swollen shut, her whole left side of her face was swollen, and she had nasty green drainage coming out of her eye. I called the on-call Doc, and they decided to put her back on Septra. This was the antibiotic she had been on just the week before, because of the MRSA. With the green drainage they didn't want to risk another infection. So I give her medicine. She went to bed really well that evening, I knew she was tired. Little did I know what the night had in store for us. More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment