Monday, February 13, 2012

Up in Arms

I am a bit of a contradiction.  I am a passionate person, yet I am fairly easy-going most of the time. I love to laugh, yet sometimes only a good cry can make me feel better. I am a cautious person when it comes to the thought of hurting someones feelings, yet I have no problem yelling certain injustices from the rooftop. I am a pretty mild mannered passive person, yet when a line is crossed I will come out swinging.

I feel like I am coming out swinging as of late.  If anyone has viewed my FB page, they will know that I am pretty much in fight mode.   I love my Country,  I love the freedom that my Grandfathers and uncles, brother-in-law, father-in-law, aunt and countless others have fought for.   I am thankful everyday for the freedom's in my life that were bought for me by someone Else's blood.  However, as of late, I feel like those freedoms are slipping away, and people are standing by watching it happen. It's like I'm in a crowded room screaming at the top of my lungs that the ceiling is falling, and people continue to go about their business.

I am not a political person.  I never have been.  I always voted, because I am grateful to have that opportunity.  I always have voted my conscience more than any political party.  I truly hate politics. They way people talk around the issues, or lead you to believe one thing while doing another, it just saddens me. I am especially saddened by our current President.

I remind myself daily that as a Christian, I need to pray for him and love him as a child of God.  It has been challenging for me, especially as of late.  This HHS mandate  is violating our Religious Freedoms, then he tells Army Chaplains that they can't preach certain things from the pulpit, now our freedom of speech is being railed on.  He comes out with a so-called compromise to throw up a smoke screen so he can still slide in contraceptives when it violates certain religious beliefs.  I feel like he thinks we Americans are stupid.  That because he is charismatic he can flash a smile and we will fall for it.  I don't think his charisma has anything to do with people not taking action,  I think that has more to do with the people.   I know when I am comfortable, and things are going good for me, I well, am not always willing to rock the boat. 

I posted this quote the other day on FB:
"They came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for me and by that time there was no one left to speak up.” -Martin Niemoller
 I truly feel this is what happening in our nation right now.   I am worried that if this President is willing to show such disrespect to our Liberties in an election year, what will he do if he is elected for another term.  I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but  I am not so sure there would be another election after that.  Okay I know, a lot of you will think I am overreacting and being extreme, but  I really don't feel that way.  This administration has pushed through many "questionable" policies...... all in the name of Women's right/Women's Health.  It makes me want to vomit.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am ALL for women's equality.  I grew up thinking I can do anything a silly boy could do and probably do it better.  I remember running in a track meet and there were not that many runners so for the sake of time they combined the boys and girls 1m race.  I was second out of everyone on the track, behind 1 boy.  I heard his friend yell to him "your not going to get beat by a little girl are you?"  So I stuck with this boy and the next time around the track, I looked at his friend and smiled and said , " yes he is going to get beat.....by this "little girl"   I then passed this guy and crossed the finish line in first place, not only for the girls, but overall. 

I feel like the Obama administration, or should I say Planned Parenthood and the Obama administration, think women are stupid.  That we are so shallow and so consumed with our "rights" that we won't be able to see them stripping our true "rights" away in the wake of all their pomp and circumstance!  I for one, see right through it, and I invite anyone who reads this to stand with me and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!  Quit hiding behind women to further your evil agenda.  Please,  Please USE your voice.   Stay silent no longer, we can not let this President get elected for another term. I am not saying it will be perfect when someone new is elected.....that will never happen, we are people and our nature is imperfect,  but we have to let people know that we are not so involved in our own lives that we will blindly be led to slaughter.

I am going to close with a story my bro Pat shared with me after he toured one of the concentration camps in Germany.  He said that people in churches used to sing louder as the trains hauling holocaust victims would drive by.  They shut out what was going on, and didn't speak up.  I pray that my fellow Americans and my fellow Christians don't bury our heads, because it does not directly affect us. In the spirit of this great nation..... we must fight for our freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment