Wednesday, August 24, 2011

If you can't find me I'm buried beneath schedules!

WOW!  Where has the summer gone?  I find myself in disbelief that so many are already back in school.  I am thankful that since we moved to MN we don't start school until after Labor day.  I love the extra couple weeks with the kids.  I also laugh because I still have not done school shopping!  I've always been a bit of a procrastinator!  My training is going good.  I've done a 6mile training run, ran a 5k race and then did a 5.5 mile training run the next day.  I will be attempting an 8 mile training run this weekend!  I can honestly say I have NEVER run 8 miles before.  Even in track the longest I ran at one time was 7 miles, so that will be a first for me.  I am feeling pretty good.  I have had some troubles with my right ankle and shin since my 5k.  Not sure what the deal is, it actually hurts more when I am not active.  Crazy right?  My only frustration is that I am not dropping weight.  I don't get it, I'm watching what I eat, I am consistently exercising between 30-45 min a day, and longer on my long run.  The weight will not come off.  I have lost 10 lbs since I started this journey..... I wish it was more.  I just don't let myself focus on that,  I remind myself that is not my main goal for running..... its the mission, to end abortion, and for that I will do what it takes.

I have to say I am much more appreciative of running then I ever had been before.  When I was young, it was easy.  God blessed me with natural athletic ability, and I wasted it.  I didn't practice to my full potential.  I didn't have to work for it.  Now,  well every day I am out there, I am working my butt off for it, and that is to just finish....not even to be competitive.  I had a nightmare a couple of weeks ago, that some rare disease had caused a need for me to have to have my legs amputated.  I was so distraught that I would never run again,  Needless to say when I awoke the next morning, I got out and ran.  I am Thankful to run, even if I don't win, or lose the weight, it is a gift that I am out there doing it.  Even on the days I hate it, and I have plenty of those!

Sarah is doing well,  we had her neurologist appt, and the good news is that she does not have an underlying seizure disorder.  They don't know why her febrile seizures present so strange.  By the symptoms, they are barely classified as febrile in some ways, but since every time she has had one, she has had a very low temp, they are calling it febrile.  There is a possibility that a seizure disorder could develop in her later, but more of a chance she will outgrow this.  I have to try hard not to worry about what will be,  no use in borrowing trouble from tomorrow!  As of right now, I'm going with she will outgrow this!  I'm thankful for her everyday.

The next couple weeks are looking as busy as the last, well ENTIRE summer.   I will be running another 5k on Sept 11th, one on Oct 1st, and then of course, my first half marathon Oct. 15th.  School starts the sixth, and respect life month is OCT.  We will be gearing up for some stuff with the pro-life committee at church.  I also have a new baby starting at the daycare Sept 12th.   Not to mention all of the school schedules to keep track of, and this isn't even including all of Steve's activities.  WHEW!  I'm tired thinking about it! I am however thankful to have the health and ability to lead a full life with my family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment