Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Recap

 We had a wonderful Christmas.  Our plans were quite unknown leading up to Christmas due to Steve's father having a complete laryngectomy at the beginning of Nov.  He had cancer in his throat.  They are hopeful that they got most of it, but he will start radiation treatment this month.  Anyway,  his parents were thinking of coming up to Fergus Falls, and I would have hosted Christmas, but then we didn't know.....I think everyone changed there minds about ten times, and then it was decided that we would go home for Christmas.  However, the week before the whole family, with the exception of Samuel was hit with a violent stomach bug.  It was fast and furious and we fell like domino's.  Strangely enough I was the first to get it. I cant remember the last time I got a stomach bug.  It usually hits everyone but me.  That in itself is a miracle, because I am the one cleaning it all up.  I think God looks out for us mom's when these things go through the house, cause usually mom has to take care of everyone, even if she is sick herself.  Needless to say, there was question as to whether we would go home at all, because the last thing we wanted was to get Steve's dad sick.  Steve was the last to get over it.  He ended up going in to  the doc and getting an antibiotic, because he had a sinus infection to boot.  As of Thursday night we still did not know if we were going, but by Friday morning he was well enough to go.

We spent Christmas Eve with my family and went to church in Montrose with my mom.  It was really nice to attend church in Montrose again, it had been way to long. I love St. Patricks Catholic Church. Being in the church again also brought back lots of memories of my wedding day.  I wanted a Christmas wedding because I loved how pretty the church looked at Christmas time! We had a nice low key Christmas with the Castle's on Christmas day.  Monday we got together with some new friends the Lorangs, and our children played like old friends, and we had some great conversation.  Then we headed home.

Tuesday brought about Sam's Tonsil/adenoid removal surgery.  I had been quite nervous, but all went well.  Thank God! Saturday we celebrated New Years Eve, with Steve, the kids, and myself, and lots of  snack stuff.  It was fun, but I was asleep when the new year began, I think that is how I have brought in the New Year, since I've been married.  I like my bed.  Luckily for Steve our oldest Brianna is a bit of a night owl  like her daddy, so she stays up with him now.

All and All it was a great Christmas/ New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment